- Lingerie styling guide
- What kinds of briefs are there and which style best suits your body?
What kinds of briefs are there and which style best suits your body?
Rio briefs, high-waisted briefs, hot pants, and shorts: What’s the difference between these types of briefs? And which style suits your body best? Allow us to explain the most common types of briefs and underwear.
Which slip do you choose?
Briefs refer to undergarments in a wide range of different styles. When we refer to 'regular’ briefs, this usually means Rio briefs. Rio panties have the following features:
- They offer full coverage at the back and are cut elegantly high at the front for a feminine silhouette.
- They sit just at the hips.
- They can be combined with all bra styles (balcony, full-cup, triangle) and have a timeless, feminine look.
- PrimaDonna has smooth briefs and Rio briefs with delicate lace, embroidery, or tulle at the legs. Smooth and seamless briefs are perfect under fitted outfits, as they fit like a dream and don’t show under clothes. If you have a date night on the horizon, more feminine briefs are perfect, such as one with lace or embroidery. In short: There’s something for everyone!
High-waisted briefs offer slightly more coverage than Rio briefs. Many women like the feel of extra fabric around the waist and tummy, especially when wearing a fitted dress.
- If you like lingerie with a bit more coverage around the tummy and waist, high-waisted briefs are a great choice.
- They offer more coverage at the back than Rio briefs, but are cut elegantly at the legs for a feminine look.
- They sit at the waist and create a comfortable, supportive fit. Some high-waisted briefs have a slightly shaping effect for an elegant, streamlined silhouette.
- Creates a feminine retro look, especially when paired with a balcony bra or triangle bra.
Shorts and hot pants
Shorts and hot pants have a fun, youthful look and an extremely comfortable fit.
- Both styles have longer legs that offer full coverage at the back (shorts) or that only reveal a hint of bum (hot pants).
- They sit at the hips.
- Both styles are young and flirty looking with a slight retro touch. They can be easily combined with any bra style.
- PrimaDonna’s shorts and hot pants have a supremely comfortable fit and a delicate finish for an invisible look under clothes. That makes these comfy briefs the perfect choice under fitted outfits.
A thong is one of the most feminine types of brief. This style reveals your bum and is completely invisible under a fitted skirt or pants.
- T-shaped briefs with an extra-high front for an elegant and feminine silhouette.
- No coverage at the back, which means no uncomfortable lines or seams – perfect for under fitted outfits.
- A flirty and feminine look that pairs beautifully with an elegant balcony bra.
- Some PrimaDonna series include luxury thongs with lots of lace or embroidery at the back. The perfect choice for date night!